RL Success Journal

Here are the piece and parcel that make up all the little precious and joyous footsteps of my motherhood life in pursue of happiness and success...

3.28.2013

First Day of School in Adelaide

It's Jayden's first day at a Trinity Gardens Early Learning Center (kindergarten)!! While sending him off, he didn't allow me to leave him alone in the school. After spending about 1.5 hour there, I can finally get his permission to leave! I guess it's snack time and his favorite food (strawberries and yogurt) makes him feels good. :P

While I was sending him lunch, I met with the teacher and she told me that he was doing fantastic indeed for his first day of school. He can communicate well with the teachers and is very adaptive and comfortable playing with other children. The best thing was he wasn't looking for me at all. I am a proud mom! Hehehe..

While waiting for Jayden during pick up time, I was peeping from outside. He was raising his hand and participating very well in the group time with the teacher. When it was time for pick up and he saw me, he pretended to be crying and said he didn't wanna friend with me.. What a drama..

A brief session with the teacher: He is doing great and having lots of fun in a lot of activities and playing with other children. He is especially playing closely with a boy named Jack. He could follow through the entire session (full day), and has very good communication with everyone. The school has prepared a Mandarin translator (knowing we just arrived in Adelaide and speaking Mandarin at home), but the translator told me that he doesn't need her at all, because his English is so good. What can I ask for more?? :P

While we were in the car getting ready to go home, he saw one of his newly met friend walking with his daddy, and Jayden went "Hey! Are you going home?" Then he said "This is our new car!" Hmm.. I feel so ashamed as our car is pretty old and rundown.. Hahaha..

After that, another kid passed by with his mommy and he called "Hey!" Jayden replied "Hey man, see you next time.. Oh no.. in 2 months.. oh no.. 1month.." After I corrected him that it's next week, he winded down the window and screamed to the boy "See you next week!" And the boy ran back to our car and said "See you next week!" They are just too cute! :)

No comments: