RL Success Journal

Here are the piece and parcel that make up all the little precious and joyous footsteps of my motherhood life in pursue of happiness and success...

3.19.2013

Vaccination

Today, I brought Jayden to the doc for his vaccines, as he has to take MMR jab upon entering Reception early next year. Hubby suggested to take it here since we don't get the insurance covered for his vaccines, and it's going to be much cheaper to take it in KL.

After consulting with Dr Koe, she suggested Jayden to take the vaccine for Meningitis as well, as SA has strict enforcement that all children must take that at age 12 months. I was in dilemma whether or not to let Jayden take two jabs at once, but the reassurance from Dr Koe made my dtecision.

My heart was tearing throughout the process. It was a nightmare for both of us. Jayden completely refused it, I guessed he sensed danger. Worst, I had to carry him and held him tight (I felt like a convict!!). All I remember is the way I pictured myself carried and held him, his intense body during the injections, helpless screams and wails (two times), and his teary face and cries after it's done. The whole process felt like hours..

And that's also the reason why I couldn't fall asleep but writing here, now. It kept flashing in my mind whenever I closed my eyes. :( I felt sorry that I couldn't do anything to help him. It's really an extremely bad experience.. :(

No comments: