RL Success Journal

Here are the piece and parcel that make up all the little precious and joyous footsteps of my motherhood life in pursue of happiness and success...

11.29.2008

Pre-Labor!

Yesterday, there was 1-2 streaks of super fine pinkish blood streaks appeared. We went to see Dr Mak but he was on call for labor. So, we just go home and see if there is any more symptoms.

Today, at around 9am when I woke up, I found blood streaks.. quite a lot of them. Immediately, I call honey and he asked me to get ready to be admitted. After taking a shower and getting ready my things, I called Dr Mak, and he told me to be admitted. However, he called back again and asked me to go to his clinic to double confirm, just in case it is a false alarm again. :P

Honey came back at around 10.30am. We went straight to Dr Mak's clinic, and waited for about an hour. He confirmed that I'm ready to deliver as I have dilated about 4cm!! He asked me to be admitted immediately. But I insisted to have a hair wash at Irene's place. :P

The contraction pain started when I was washing my hair at Irene's place. At 12pm, we rushed to SJMC and there I was admitted. I have already dilated 6cm when I was admitted. Very quickly, I have dilated to 8cm, meanwhile the pain was getting more and more intense and the nurse was teaching me how to push. By 1.30pm, the pain was so intense that I thought I can deliver already. But the nurse asked me not to push as I have not dilated to 10cm as it could cause my vagina swollen.

Finally, at around 2pm, the nurse confirmed that I can start to push (I thought I have dilated 10cm!). The Chinese nurse kept on saying that I didn't push, she asked me to push again and again. I didn't understand. I followed instruction properly and why the hell did she keep on saying I didn't push. The real pain kicks in at around 2pm something, my godness, I never thought the contraction pain could be so painful. It was totally out of my expectation. For the final one hour, I was struggling with the real hardcore intense pain and nearly thought I wasn't going to make it. Thank God, Dr Mak came into rescue and properly guided me with total encouragement (unlike the nurse - kept on discourage me).

At 3.56pm, Jayden was born into this world. And before seeing Jayden, I heard his first cries, his real solid cries. :)

No comments: