RL Success Journal

Here are the piece and parcel that make up all the little precious and joyous footsteps of my motherhood life in pursue of happiness and success...

2.27.2012

Lesson of the day: Do not trust kids in keeping secret!!!

Like I always say, February is a month full of LOVE celebration for us. First is Valentine's Day, then come Hubby's Birthday, next our Anniversary!

As our 8th anniversary is just around the corner, did I just say 8th!? Wow!! Time flies!!

Again, as our 8th anniversary is just around the corner, I bought a little present for hubby and was wrapping it up the other day. Jayden came to notice it and asked me why was I wrapping a present. Without any precautions, I told him that it's a surprise present for Daddy for our anniversary.

Once I was done wrapping, I kept it in my cupboard (it is a place that Daddy wouldn't open in a million days!). Yesterday morning, while I was changing my clothes and Daddy was busy in the study room, suddenly Jayden was pulling Daddy's hand all the way from the study room to the bedroom, then I hear this:

Jayden: Daddy come.. I show you.. You see.. Your present.. Come, I show you..
Daddy: Where you wanna go?

I guess Daddy still doesn't know what he was talking about as Daddy follow blindly.. At this moment, his words haven't come to my senses yet!!! Not until... Jayden opened my cupboard and pointed the present at the top of the shelf:

Jayden: You see!! Your present!!!

In a lightning speed of a nanosecond before I can utter a single word, Daddy took the present and turned to ask me: Is this for me??

Mommy: Oh no!!! Jayden!!! How can you tell daddy?? You promised me not to tell him.. it's a surprise!!! Well, no more... :o(

This is the conversation that took place before the day of the incident:
Jayden: What's this mom? Why? Why you make this present?
Mommy: Why I wrap this present you mean? It's a surprise present for Daddy, our 8th anniversary is coming soon so I am giving him a surprise present.
Jayden: It's for Daddy!
Mommy: Yes. But you cannot tell him that I got him a present ok! I wanna give him a surprise. Don't tell him ok!
Jayden: Okay!

Lesson learned: Do not trust kids in keeping secrets!!! Arghhh...

No comments: