RL Success Journal

Here are the piece and parcel that make up all the little precious and joyous footsteps of my motherhood life in pursue of happiness and success...

5.13.2010

Final Jab of Pneumococol

After months of procrastination, we finally brought Jayden to have his final jab of Pneumococol vaccination. For some reasons, the doctor chose to go against the norm of injecting it to his butt, the injection was done on his thigh.

For the very first time, Jayden cried when taking a jab. Poor boy!! I feel like crying too seeing him crying pitifully. :o(

After we got out from the doc's room, we let Jayden wander around the clinic as usual and engage his attention to the toys. After walking for a while, he sobbed and cried a bit, well not really a loud one but you can tell there was discomfort. Well, I guessed it was really painful then. :(

When we got home, I gave him a little snack and let him play for a while before putting him for a nap. Apparently he has lost his appetite hence he didn't eat well. Anyway, his nap was more important as it has passed his naptime.

Shocking News: He slept for almost 3 hours!!! He woke up with a smile so I was glad knowing it will be an easy time for us. :o) I gave him some food but again, he didn't have much appetite so I didn't force him. He played for about an hour plus before I decided to let him do a little bit of art works.

Initially he was very excited. But for some reason, after setting up our work area, he started walking away to the bed. I tried carrying him back to the work area for a few times and he kept walking away and started feeling grumpy. He wanted to be carried onto the bed. I did as I was "told". :P

Well, the cries of discomfort started soon after. After hustling for about half an hour, I finally asked him what's happening to him. He couldn't express his feeling to me. I felt bad for him too. Then I remembered he had an injection earlier today! I asked him if his thigh hurts, pointing at his thigh. He started showing me some kind of facial expression and hand gestures without his hand touching his thigh. Amazing body language huh!! Now I knew his pain!

I invited him to go for a walk. Out of the ordinary, he refused to come off the bed without being carried (normally he prefers the other way). I tried comforting him by carrying him but it didin't seem to work really well, because my hand was holding on his thigh. :o( Hence I put him on his tricycle and pushed him around. We had some fun singing nursery rhymes and having some fun rides. :o)

Time passed by quickly and it's time for dinner. He didn't eat as much. When it came to bathing time, it was a real hard time because he couldn't stand!! When I dried him on the bed, he wasn't moving at all from me getting the diapers to the clothes to everything. It's so not my little Jayden!! It's really not easy throughout the whole process because I tried to minimize the chances of carrying or moving him knowing it hurt A LOT A LOT!!!

Finally Barney's time is up. For the very first time, he watched Barney with a grumpy feeling and continuous cries of discomfort. What's worst was he was watching Barney lying down.. WITHOUT MOVING!!!. He couldn't even sit up and watch. When it came to his fav songs and he couldn't dance, he got frustrated, sobbed, then cried!! My heart is painfully broken. :'(

Occasionally he lifted up his hands showing me that he wanna hug and be carried. I hugged him and whenever I tried to carry him, he would cry. Then I knew his pain is unbearable. So it's better not to move him. Knowing his situation, Daddy made effort to come home to see Jayden.

Jayden was pleased and happy to see Daddy. Daddy played with Jayden (lying down not moving his bottom half) and he got cheered up! I am extremely happy. :o) But the happiness didn't last very long as whenever he got really excited and happy, he would accidentally moved his legs. And the pain was killing!! After a few incidents, he finally sobbed and cried slightly. I decided to put him to bed.

Finally he is sleeping peacefully. I am praying to God that the pain will be gone NOW!!! I pray that Jayden will wake up with a HUGE SMILE in the morning and all the pain that occurs today stays in today. :o)

2 comments:

Tandanie said...

Is it the norm to get jab on the butt? Maximus always got jap on the thigh ler

Rachel L said...

Errr.. I guess so! He always got it on the butt.. never on the thigh.. this is the first time.. and he never cry, never pain prior to this experience.. it is really bad.. he can stand this morning but cant walk much.. now towards the evening he can walk a bit more.. but definitely not too active.. :o(