RL Success Journal

Here are the piece and parcel that make up all the little precious and joyous footsteps of my motherhood life in pursue of happiness and success...

5.10.2010

Happy Learning

It's soon going to touch 2 weeks since I started teaching Jayden at home. Jayden has picked up a lot of things. In less than a full week, he has been picking up a lot more skills and knowledge. He can identify more than 20 new things, and he knows which alphabet is turned upside down. I am surprised by the speed that he learned.

From the swimming session that we thrive to have every weekend, Jayden begins to get used to water play. He is no longer as "sceptical" as before that water is not fun! He used to scream whenever there is even a drop of water falling down his forehead. Now, I can even shower him from the top (of course just for a quickie!), and just have to reassure him that I am getting the towel after placing the shower head on the handle.

Not just that, he has definitely become a more confident child just from the swimming sessions. During our last swimming session, he has gathered his confidence to put his hands into the water and stroke, splashed, etc. We plan to have more sessions of outdoor activities for him each week, then it will be perfect. :o)

Jayden is playing with playdough today! Yay!! He tries to imitate my moves by using the tools and gadgets that I used. It's really fun seeing him getting the tools and putting the dough inside trying to create something out of it. However, the session didn't hold him long as he gets bored quickly when he couldn't seem to get the result anywhere close to mine. Hehehe..

Comparing to the passed 4 months of sending Jayden to playschool, undeniably he has learned new stuffs from school but obviously he learns more when I educate and facilitate our learning properly. Still, the most important thing is that we are learning with loads of fun now. I thank God every now and then for giving me the wisdom to make this decision, and giving so much fun, joy and happiness to my beloved child again!! :o)

No comments: