RL Success Journal

Here are the piece and parcel that make up all the little precious and joyous footsteps of my motherhood life in pursue of happiness and success...

5.03.2010

The Start of Home Schooling

Taking care of children in the conventional way is just so not my style. I strongly disagree with the tradional/conventional way of babysitting which most of the Nannies do.

With the exposures, skills and experiences that I have gathered and learned from SAL, I decided to home school Jayden by myself. Afterall, I think I am pretty good in handling the class as the Principal was asking me to join them fulltime and take over a new class by myself! Yes, I was promoted!! (Of course I turned her down!)

We started home schooling since last week. It was rather a relaxed and casual schedule. It's definitely very much less intense than school, as I breakdown the schedule into different segments throughout the day. It's rather enjoyable as Jayden always initiates to pick up the books and educational materials as well as some fun play. :P

I am currently reading a book on Montessori to learn more ideas on how to promote and facilitate Montessori learning. Will definitely get/borrow more good books to enhance my knowledge. :o)

1 comment:

Tandanie said...

Let me know what books do you want. I have loads of them...will loan to you. Or what other resources do you need. Glad to help out.
Good job with the home schooling...