RL Success Journal

Here are the piece and parcel that make up all the little precious and joyous footsteps of my motherhood life in pursue of happiness and success...

9.30.2012

Instilling Good Manners

It's been a few months back that I am working on teaching Jayden on good manners.. It was a fiasco at first, as he never listened and never seemed to understand. However, I think my persistence and perseverance have taken effect lately.

He has been quite consistently greeting people, apologising when he does something wrong, and saying thank you when he receives a favor. Not just that, he would even thank me (quite frequently) whenever he knows and learns that I am doing something for him.

A good example was like yesterday, I made a double boil orange with salt for him (a friend recommended this as natural therapy for cough). Seriously, we don't like the taste. Anyway, after taking about 3-4 spoons, he said "mommy, we don't want this anymore, ok!?" Then I said, "But we have to finish this. It's good for your cough. An aunty said this is good for cough, after eating this your cough will go away. I make this for you." To my surprise, the little one said "Oh I see. Thank you mom!" And he continued eating till finished.

I am a truly blessed mom.. :o)

No comments: