RL Success Journal

Here are the piece and parcel that make up all the little precious and joyous footsteps of my motherhood life in pursue of happiness and success...

5.20.2009

Busy-Baby

I have summarized the things that I observe J doing lately and due to my busy-ness and lazy-ness, I didn't write them into readable blog until now. Hehe.. Finally, I have made up my mind to get them done today and get them posted. Here it goes...

Hands and Feet
J often amuses himself by his own hands and feet. He figures out that he can play with his own feet.. so every now and then, he will lift up both of his feet, play with them, and pull them towards his mouth. :P As a busy mommy, I have to make sure I wipe his feet clean every now and then to get him ready to mouth them. Haha..

Recognize Own Name
J starts to recognize his own name. Not only that, he is a busy-baby, he always turns towards voice and sound. He likes it when we make funny voices and new sounds. :)

Roll' Baby Roll'
J can now roll in both directions. Today, he performs a 360 degree rolling.. First, he rolls to his left side 360 degree, and about 10minutes later, he rolls backward (to his right side) 360 degree again!! It's amazing!! :)

Reach & Drag for Object
Carrying Jayden is harder than before as he learns to reach for objects now. He will lean forward to the object that he is attracted to and will stay in that position until his hands reached them. And then, he will drag and pull the object into his mouth. Even when I am not carrying him, he did it like so spontaneous that he will drag the objects, hold them in his hands and then push them into his mouth. So I have to keep an eye on him all the time. Busy Busy!!

Sit Without Support
J starts to be able to sit momentarily without support. Well, when I say momentarily, I mean it. It's just a little while before he falls to the side. LOL!!

Imitate Speech Sounds
Everyday, DD will be busy talking to J, and the things that DD always tells J is "pa pa". It seems like it's gonna take a little longer for J to catch up "papa" and "mama" but he did very well on saying "ai ya ya". I don't know where J learns it from, but he does always says "ai", "yaya" and "da da" and I heard him saying couples of times "ai ya ya" and "da da" today. Hehe.. How much I wish he will call "Mommy". :P

Strangers Anxiety
I am not sure if I feel it right, but lately, I found that J is having the symptoms of "strangers anxiety". We have been trying to avoid J to have such feeling by meeting a lot of friends and make sure J is having fun with people around him by carrying him and playing with him. I really hope J will not develop this anxiety or else we will have hard time coping with it. Must bring him out more often again. :P

1 comment:

Tandanie said...

Welcome to the 6 months old milestone... finally you wish for J to be sitting without support comes to past. See, it's a matter of time right? Btw, strangers anxiety is common... Maximus will act cool and refused to smile around stranger. It's a good solution to bring him out for exposure but soon this stranger anxiety will pass... Later other anxiety will take place "Separation Anxiety:... it's just a matter of time. You will do well and cope with it Rach... So far you are doing a good job! So let us keep it up together