RL Success Journal

Here are the piece and parcel that make up all the little precious and joyous footsteps of my motherhood life in pursue of happiness and success...

5.28.2009

Eating Solid - Organic Rice Cereal

Well, for the passed few days, Jayden has taken 2 rice rusks with breastmilk and finish the meal with breastfeeding.. From his respond, I think he quite enjoys it. When he is full, he will blow the rusk out from his mouth.. making things messy.. LOL! :)

Finally, I manage to buy rice cereal for J yesterday. :) It is an organic fruitty rice cereal and it's quite yummy.. Yes! I tasted it to make sure it is tasty.

J still doesn't know that taking rice cereal is a proper meal. Sometimes, he will cry so hard and refuse to have solid meal because he still couldn't relate that solid is a proper meal. Therefore, I do my best to prepare solid for him before he cries for milk, and that's the time that he will eat without making much fuss. :P

Now, J is having 4 teaspoon of rice cereal every meal and I am looking forward for him to have more! :)

3 comments:

Tandanie said...

Other than rice cereal do try cooking some congee / porridge for J. Rice cereal is fine but then it's better to give porridge since there isn't any artificial sweetener. I am not sure about organic rice cereal but then the normal Nestle rice cereal is sweet... tht's why the medical officer in the gov health clinic advised not to give too much.
Anyway, as long as J is enjoying that's the most important of all... right?
Happy feeding...

Rachel L said...

Yea, the rice cereal that I bought is free from artificial preservative and sweetener, in fact it is free from sweetener and salt (that's why it is glucose and sodium free).

I tried the cereal before feeding J, it's tasteless.. Also it is free from milk and wheat (gluten).. well since J is having eczema and allergy to certain food, I just make sure his diet is out of food that provoke allergy. :)

Don't buy the Nestle one.. well, I saw the ingredient is no good..

Tandanie said...

Tht' true Rach. Can you recommend me the one that you are using? Want to get it to keep it in case we are going out or for travelling.