RL Success Journal

Here are the piece and parcel that make up all the little precious and joyous footsteps of my motherhood life in pursue of happiness and success...

7.02.2010

Broken Laptop

Two hours ago, Jayden repeated the same mistake that he did yesterday: he pushed my laptop off the table causing my laptop hit hard on the floor and cracked.. some of the ports were broken too.. :o(

When he did that yesterday, I lightly scolded and beaten his hand, explained to him that it was wrong to do that. However, when he did that again just now, I was a bit angry partially because the laptop was cracked and broken, but mainly because he misbehaved for the same mistake. Anyway, knowing that young toddlers take time and probably a few experiment to differentiate right from wrong.. I didn't get really angry afterall. However, I felt that I really need to put this a little harder on him so he knew he had done something really bad.

Hence, I punished Jayden for his misbehaves.. I scolded him a bit harsher than yesterday, beaten his hand 4 times, and punished him to sit at the corner. When the cries ended, he tried to move away. I told him not to move and put him back to the corner, he cried again; warned him to stop crying and he cried harder. Again, when the cries stopped, he tried to move again, I repeat the same.. this went on and on for about 4-5times.

Jayden feels upset and hurt thus cries and sobs.. I could see he really tasted the punishment for wrongdoing. I was very sad inside me but I know I need to be very firm and teach him a lesson, once and for all... though I seriously pro-TLC instead of disciplining children with punishment. I would really love to go 100% disciplining with TLC and rewards instead of punishment.. I need to read more on this to upgrade more knowledge.

I am very heartbroken not because of the laptop but to punish and make it a harder for him than the normal TLC. Hope Jayden will have a good night sleep rather than waking up crying having nightmares that I am upset with him, though I told him I have forgiven him. :o(

1 comment:

Tandanie said...

Don't feel bad disciplining Jayden for his wrong-doing. But sitting in the corner dont make sense to him at this time.
Sometimes toddler at this age will want to push their luck or test you. So you have to be consistent and make it firm that it's a NO.
We have to differentiate between being firm and bring strict.