RL Success Journal

Here are the piece and parcel that make up all the little precious and joyous footsteps of my motherhood life in pursue of happiness and success...

4.04.2011

Impressive ABC

It's my first time introducing ABCs to the young toddlers at Small Apple. To my surprise, most of them are not familiar with the alphabets, or they are not exposed to ABCs at home?

Other than the 4 years old, the only one that can recognize ABCs is our little friend, Jayden! I am very impressed that he can name almost all of the alphabets, previously he just pointed to them while this time he amazed me by naming them. :o)

It becomes a very important role for me to be their educator, and guess it is time for me to brush up some of their knowledge by exposing more things to them.. :o)

2 comments:

Tandanie said...

Well done Jayden.
But of course the other 3-years old are not at the stage to learn ABC yet. It's still very abstract... they may know how to "chat" it but not recognise it. So Teacher Rachel, can introduce it in song.

Rachel L said...

We are not doing it just in songs.. I use a lot of approach to assist ABC recognition.. However, I just feel that the parents are really not spending time in educating their children. I feel sorry for them as parents are the best educators..