RL Success Journal

Here are the piece and parcel that make up all the little precious and joyous footsteps of my motherhood life in pursue of happiness and success...

1.27.2010

Summarizing 13months

Time is flying fast!! JJ is leaving his 13months and venturing into his 14months in two more days.

In the transition of moving into toddlerhood, JJ has developed and achieved a wide range of skills in his milestones. I can see that JJ really enjoys his ability to carry out activities on his own. The experience and joy of being independent must have overwhelmed him thus he is always eager to show us what he knows. Being an excited mom as I am, I always support him by giving him encouragement and recognition by praising and interacting with him. :o)

In just a few more days, JJ will step into his 14months toddlerhood. He has been gaining a massive understanding on simple languages, sometimes I am surprised that he can understand most of the things that we say. Therefore, it is so much easier for us to communicate with him knowing that he understands us pretty well, just that he is still not speaking in the language that we understand!!! :P

For now, JJ as a 13months baby-toddler is able to.....

  • walk! And dance is his own ways too..!
  • identify and pick up his toys (and bring it to me) when I mention the name of his toy (dog, chicken, drum, book, etc).
  • relate to his toys (bring it to me) when I sing one of the musics/songs that's played by the toy.
  • wave his hand "goodbye" as well as waving his hand to say "hi" - the gesture is the same but different meaning!
  • blow a kiss!!! :o)
  • clap his hands when he is happy, or when he hears us singing songs - he knows singing time.
  • put his hands together and make the praying gestures (the way Chinese Buddhist praying) - whenever JJ sees a Buddhist's prayer altar, he will make that gesture! He learned this from MIL!
  • scoop up some food and feed himself - though it is still super messy but the attempts excite him. :P
  • stoop down and stand back up again
  • stand up, throw a ball, pick it up, and throw it again, and so on.. he can roll a ball too.. :)
  • signal to me that he desperately wants milk - he used to pull my shirt but now... he will pull and put his hand into my shirt (breasts area!!). If I didn't show him that I am gonna feed him anytime soon, he will put his hand inside and pull my bra (sometimes he managed to grab the breast pad!!! It's sooooo embarassing!!!) :P
  • inform me if he is hungry / want food - if he wants biscuits he will bring to me his food container and say something which I don't understand (but I know he asked me to open it because he wants to eat!). Other similar cases are if he wants vitamins he will bring to me the bottle of vitamin; if he wants water he will bring to me his water bottle, etc.
  • Press the buttons on the lift/elevator :o)
  • Arrange the chair that is placed oddly after playing with it - at school, after he played with a chair (as a push-cart), he will push it back ultimately, and if all the chairs are facing outward while he one he pushes back is facing inward, he will pull it out and turn it around.) :o)

Those are the things that I can think of right now. I will make sure I put more down when I can think of any later.. :P

No comments: