RL Success Journal

Here are the piece and parcel that make up all the little precious and joyous footsteps of my motherhood life in pursue of happiness and success...

11.10.2011

Sick Child

Taking care of a sick child has always been a nightmare.. Unfortunately, the nightmare is here.

On Tuesday noon, I found him with high fever right after his nap. Soon enough, his fever shot as high as 39.3C. I wasn't really worried about fever, as fever is a sign of boosting his immune system.

We still went to Small Apple on that day. With lots of fluid, his fever had gone down quite drastically around dinner time and outdoor play. The fever was barely there. I was relieved.

However, the real nightmare came haunting after. In the evening, his fever has gone even higher. And it stays till the next morning. Jayden was so weak that he told me he didn't wanna go to Hummingbird and Small Apple, he wanted to take a rest at home. Well, I would have done so even without him telling me that, but having him telling me that meant he really wasn't feeling well at all! :o(

He took his AM milk around 8am, and he had some snacks throughout the hour after. At around 9am plus, he puked. Initially I didn't found it a big deal as I thought he might have taken too much food.

When it comes to lunch, he had good appetite. But, he vomited again!! This time it really got me a little worried. He hardly vomited twice a day though. The bad news is, he refused to eat after that. So he went for his nap with an empty-stomach. :o(

Upon waking up from his nap, he was hungry!! So I fed him some porridge again. This time, his appetite has gone down. After a few spoons, he told me he was 'bao bao' (full). I didn't force him to eat more. I went to take a shower after, and suddenly he rushed into the bathroom and threw up on the toilet bowl. I was worried but rather glad that he was smart enough to vomit in the toilet bowl, and this time the vomit is not a lot. Later did I find out that he actually vomited all his porridge on the floor!! I was so upset that he vomited the third time!

Asked him whether he was hungry, he said no. I'm so sad to see him suffering this hunger. :o( Later, I told him that we must go and see a doctor. He refused, and I reassured him that the doctor would be able to tell why he was vomiting with high fever, and I told him the questions that he should ask the doctor. He agreed finally.

We reached the Dr Koe's clinic at 6pm and got him registered. We're the 8th patient on waiting list and the nurse told us that the doctor would come in shortly. We might have to wait till 7pm for our turn. Toys temptation is always hard to resist for a young toddler so Jayden played there for about 20minutes before we decided to go for a walk. Then, Jayden told me that he was hungry and he wanted to eat "mee mee" (noodle).

I bought a bowl of noodle at the hawker stall nearby, after 1 spoon of noodle, he told me that he didn't like it and he wanted to eat something else. So I fed him with mushroom and some vegetarian "meat". He took about 3bites followed by barley drink. As expected, he vomited again!!! I was quite devastated though I didn't show it. I feel like crying seeing him suffering that much. :o(

Finally, I didn't finish the bowl of noodle as I wasn't really hungry. We then left for a walk in the local pharmacy store. He asked for a chocolate wafer and I bought it. I was so happy that he finished it without vomiting!! :o)

We went back to the clinic at around 7pm, and it was a long night!! We waited till 835pm for our turn. It's unbelievable but it's true! Anyway, the doctor said there could be viruses in his tummy and intestines. So she gave him some medicine for vomit and ORS.

On the way home, I called up daddy to buy some food for Jayden as he was asking for char siew pao and noodle. I got daddy to buy a pack of milo and vitagen too, just in case those are the form of liquid he might consider taking.

After taking a shower, daddy was back! So eagerly, daddy prepared the food and got him to eat. He took a bite of char siew pao and refused to eat, and completely refused the noodle. Then he took a bottle of vitagen (cultured drink). Very sadly, he vomited again. There gone all the vitagen and chocolate wafer. :o(

At last, right before bedtime, we made him half cup of milk (greentea oatmilk) and he finished it. I am glad that he had at least something before bed, though it is too minimal.

No comments: