RL Success Journal

Here are the piece and parcel that make up all the little precious and joyous footsteps of my motherhood life in pursue of happiness and success...

6.18.2009

J's First Congee

It's a BNI day again! :) As usual, Jayden spent his morning with Grandma..

Grandma did not feed J the rice cereal today, instead she made her "heartily home-cooked congee" for J! And according to Grandma, he ate without making any sign that he didn't like it. Hmmm.. it seems like J likes eating congee.. :P

Well, after 2 weeks of feeding J with solid, I am very sure to conclude that J does not like rice cereal. We have tried 3 types of rice cereals and he just refused it whenever we feed him with cereal.

Everytime it comes to meal time, I will have a bowl of cereal/congee and a cup cup of water. J will eye on the spoon whenever I scoop something - whether I scoop it from the bowl or the cup.

And guess what, he can differentiate and recognize it well.. Whenever I scoop something (water) from the cup, he will open his mouth, and whenever I scoop something (rice cereal) from the bowl, he will close his mouth tight and make the vomit sound.

Surprising enough, when I feed him with congee now, he does not make any vomitting sound. Not just that, he will open his mouth and said "ummm". Wow!!! I'm super happy.. :)

So, finally, I can conclude that J loves to drink water and eat congee.. :)

2 comments:

Peggy said...

HAHAHA! That is too funny! I heard from my other mama friends that babies can love one type of solid today, but totally hate it tomorrow! So perhaps you can try rice cereal a bit later on? :)

Tandanie said...

Great that he is enjoying his congee! Babies can distinguish tastes and when a baby tasted something better he/she will enjoy that taste. So let him explore different tastes...